CPT is authorized employment which is an integral part of the F-1 Student’s major curriculum. Authorization is given by the International Student Services Coordinator. Students must get authorization for CPT before beginning their internship. Students will be authorized for CPT on a semester basis.
Eligibility requirements for CPT
- Has been lawfully enrolled on a full-time basis for one academic year
- Be in lawful F-1 status at the time of application
- Has a job offer which is related to the student’s major
- Has a minimum GPA of 2.8 and 30 credits completed at MMC (15 credits for transfer students)
- Must be receiving credit for the internship (either through Career Services or as a requirement of student’s major)
How to apply?
To apply receive credit for the internship, please follow Career Services’ instructions here regarding the application process.