In an emergency or crisis situation, contact help immediately. This includes:
- Suicidal risk
- Risk of one person harming another
- Intoxication (alcohol or drugs): signs include vomiting, passing out, fast or slow heart rate, irregular breathing, chills.
- Extreme psychological distress or agitation
Emergency Response Procedure
- During office hours, call CWC at 212.774.0700.
- If no immediate response, call Campus Safety at 212.517.0411.
- If after-hours, call Campus Safety, go to the nearest emergency room, or dial 911.
24/7 Confidential & Free Resources
- Crisis Text Line (help for anyone in crisis): Text HOME to 741741
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (support and resources for suicidal crisis or emotional distress; Spanish and deaf/hard of hearing options): 800.273.8255
- NYC Well (mental health support and resources for NYC residents; multiple language and deaf/hard of hearing options): 888.692.9355 or text WELL to 65173
- Safe Horizon (NYC-based support and resources for survivors of sexual assault): 212.227.3000