EMERGENCY RESPONSE PROCEDURE
If you have a crisis or urgent situation during office hours, call CWC at 212.774.0700. If no immediate response, or if after hours, contact Campus Safety: 212.517.0411.
In case of a medical or mental health emergency do not wait for someone to call you back. Go to the nearest emergency room or call 911. This includes:
- Suicidal risk
- Risk of one person harming another
- Intoxication (alcohol or drugs): signs include vomiting, passing out, fast or slow heart rate, irregular breathing, chills.
- Extreme psychological distress or agitation
The following are confidential mental health resources we urge students to use after hours or if CWC cannot be reached:
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741 (help for anyone in crisis)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1.800.273.8255
- NYC Well: 1.888.692.9355 or text WELL to 65173 (trained professionals will provide immediate guidance and emotional support)
- Safe Horizon: 212.227.3000 (trained professionals will provide support around domestic violence and sexual assault)