IMPORTANT INSURANCE INFORMATION
New York State Law §2165 requires college students enrolled in a degree or certificate program for at least six (6) semester hours or the equivalent per semester, or at least four (4) semester hours per quarter and who were born on or after January 1, 1957 to demonstrate proof of immunity against measles, mumps and rubella. Those students born before 1957 do not need to submit proof of immunization, but must submit proof of age. Proof of immunity consists of an official record of immunization or a letter from a doctor on his/her stationery detailing immunization history. All documents must contain a signature (and an official doctor’s stamp with the name, address and telephone number) of the appropriate health official and must include the month, day and year of the immunization. Students who have not submitted complete immunization records within 30 days of the start of classes will be administratively withdrawn.
You must submit an immunization form documenting the following:
Two (2) doses of live measles vaccine administered after 1957. The first dose must have been received on or after the first birthday and the second dose received after 15 months of age and at least thirty days after the first dose. Combined measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) is recommended for both doses.
One dose of live mumps vaccine received on or after the first birthday.
One dose of live rubella vaccine received on or after the first birthday.
In addition, Marymount Manhattan College is required to maintain a record of the following for each student:
- A signed response from the student or parent/guardian (if student is younger than 18) verifying that MMC has provided information about meningococcal meningitis and the availability of a vaccine.
- A record of meningococcal meningitis immunization within the past 5 years; OR
- An acknowledgement of meningococcal meningitis disease risks and refusal of meningococcal meningitis immunization signed by the student’s parent or guardian (or the student if he/she is 18 or older).
HOW TO OBTAIN YOUR IMMUNIZATION RECORDS:
- Students may have their doctors complete the Marymount Manhattan College Immunization Form (attached here); or
- Students can obtain copies of their vaccination records from their doctor.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR IMMUNIZATON RECORDS:
A simple blood test can show whether you are immune to MMR. Once you receive results of the blood test, the immunization form can be filled out.
HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR IMMUNIZATION RECORDS:
- Visit the Admission Portal: http://apply.mmm.edu/status
- Login with your username and password (This is the one you created when applying to MMC.)
- Locate the drop-down menu at the bottom of the page.
- Select “Immunization Form” as the material type.
- Click “Choose File.”
- Select and upload your file.
For assistance with the Admission Portal, please call the MMC Office of Admission: 212-517-0430.
Request for immunization records
Marymount Manhattan College retains student immunization records for up to approximately six years following graduation or departure from the College. Students wishing to obtain a copy of their records must submit an Immunization Request Form . This form may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org , or dropped off at the Counseling & Wellness Center.