Disability Services


In compliance with Section 504 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act, Marymount Manhattan College provides support for students with learning, physical, medical and psychological disabilities. Students with disabilities who are requesting accommodations of any kind need to be registered with the Office of Disability Services (ODS). 

College resources and staff cannot be expected to meet all of a student’s needs associated with managing a disability. It is expected that students will follow appropriate health regimens, secure appropriate medical and therapeutic assistance from qualified practitioners at MMC or in the New York City area, and arrange necessary support services (i.e. transportation, individual monitoring of needs, financial assistance, personal care) that our college does not provide.

Marymount Manhattan College does not assume the responsibility of identifying students who may be eligible for accommodations. It is solely the student’s responsibility to disclose and define his/her disability and his/her need for accommodations. Self identifying a disability, and seeking accommodations are personal decisions. If a student requests accommodations at Marymount Manhattan College, he or she is responsible for completing the process for registering with the Office of Disability Services (ODS). Although ODS can assist students with disabilities with many tasks, it is up to the student to take the initiative and remain actively involved in the accommodation process. 

Students requesting an accommodation due to a qualifying disability should self identify by the end of the third full week of classes by registering with the Office of Disability Services (ODS), or immediately following a qualifying event occurring after the beginning of the school year. Informing other College offices, faculty, or staff does not constitute registering with the office. Accommodation requests are evaluated individually based on documentation and completion of the registration process. To obtain special housing accommodations, you must self identify no later than move in.

Please read: The Office of Disability Services Policy Handbook 

Learn more about your legal rights:


Registration Process

Please review the How to Register with Disability Services Guide .

To register for accommodations please submit the Accommodation Request . At the end of this form you will have the opportunity to upload documentation supporting these requests. You can also submit this documentation to The Office of Disability Services in Carson Hall 500. After successfully completing the registration process, you will be informed of the accommodations that will be provided to you.  

The Office of Disability Services uses a software called Accommodate by Symplicity. This software allows students to request and mange accommodations, make appointments with ODS staff as well as request Note Takers and Testing Accommodations.  Please see the Accommodate page for more information on this software. 

Documentation Requirements

In order to complete the registration process, you must submit appropriate (within the last 3 years), current documentation related to your disability from a qualified professional. Documentation, which must indicate that the individual has an impairment that substantially limits a major life activity, must reflect the following:

  • Nature and severity of current impairment
  • A specific diagnosis and treatment prescribed
  • Medical and educational history related to disability
  • Functional limitations resulting from the impairment
  • Recommended academic and nonacademic accommodation

Individualized Education Plans (IEP), 504 Plan, Psychological Evaluation Plans, and Neuropsychological Evaluation Plans are all accepted. 

Please note: 

  • Accommodations will be provided when all supporting documentation has been submitted and reviewed, and when appropriate Accommodation Request Forms have been submitted.
  • Documentation cannot be provided by any MMC affiliated Facility.
  • Students should only submit copies of official documentation, and retain copies of these records for themselves as well. MMC will not be responsible for sending documentation to other entities outside of the college.


Students with documented disabilities who wish to request accommodations, must self-identify by registering with the Office of Disability Services and submitting documentation. Once registered with the Office of Disability Services, students requesting testing accommodations and/or note taking accommodations will also need to submit additional requests every term. 

Contact Office of Disability Services  
Marymount Manhattan College
Suite 500, Carson Hall,
221 East 71st Street
New York, NY 10021
(212) 774-0596 (voice)
(212) 774-4875 (fax)