In order to be eligible for benefits under the Higher Education Opportunity Program, a student must:
- Meet both the educational and economic guidelines established by the NYSED.
- Be a graduate of a high school approved and accredited by the NYSED, have a New York State Equivalency Diploma, or possess an Armed Forces Equivalency Diploma.
- Offer proven potential for and an eagerness to succeed in a post-secondary program.
- Be a New York State resident for at least 12 months prior to enrollment.
- Be a “first time” college student or qualified transfer student from other Arthur O. Eve HEOP, EOP, SEEK or College Discovery Opportunity Programs
- Apply online for Financial Aid through FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Be sure to follow the link to complete your TAP application as well.
Economic Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program, the applicant’s household income must fall within the ranges given in the following chart:
Income Eligibility Criteria
|Persons in Family/Household||2018-2019|
|Add $7,733 for each family member in excess of 7*|
If you meet the above criteria, you can move on to applying to HEOP.
Questions about your HEOP eligibility? Please get in touch.