Recent News from HEOP
- December 9, 2019
The Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) at MMC has launched several new professional and leadership development opportunities, including paid internal internships and the HEOP Leadership Council. HEOP has also re-launched the Young Men’s Initiative (YMI), for self-identified men of the program.
- October 21, 2019 Marymount Manhattan College’s annual Family and Friends Homecoming Weekend spanned across campus and from Roosevelt Island to Central Park and Chelsea, jam-packed with events and activities for the College community.
- October 21, 2019 MMC celebrated the 50th anniversary of the Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) at the College’s Golden Jubilee Celebration on Friday, October 18 as part of Family and Friends Homecoming Weekend.
- October 9, 2019 Dive into meditation practice and learn how it can reduce stress and help you better handle life’s challenges
- August 12, 2019 On August 8, 2019, students in the Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) at Marymount Manhattan College were officially welcomed as members of MMC’s “Jubilee Class,” in celebration of 50 years of the College’s HEOP program, founded in 1969.
- May 17, 2019 Graduating Seniors Hager Moustafa and Deborah Rosario joined their HEOP peers from neighboring institutions including Pratt Institute, The New School, and New York University for the Arthur O. Eve HEOP Regional Graduate Recognition dinner at B2 restaurant in Harlem.
- May 16, 2019 Academic success, leadership awards, and more! The entire Marymount Manhattan community congratulates the 17 seniors in the College’s Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) who graduate this year.
- April 9, 2019
First-year students in the Higher Education Opportunity Program at MMC—Jerandy Beato, Kayleen Cabrera and Diana Camilo—traveled to Chicago, Illinois, for the 2019 Spring National Convention on student leadership and diversity.
- February 20, 2019 2019 marks the 50th anniversary of the Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) being part of New York State legislation, with programs now at over 50 private colleges across the state. To kick off a yearlong celebratory campaign at MMC, HEOP Director Harmony Cross and HEOP Counselor and Coordinator Keith Windsor accompanied students from MMC’s HEOP to Temple University in Philadelphia for the annual Inclusive Leadership Conference on Saturday, February 9.