- March 29, 2021 HEOP Parent and Alumni Managers, Jerandy Beato and Zaheraa Ramsahoye-Khan launched the Parent and Alumni Reach Initiative with the intentions of engaging alumni and bridging the gap between current and former students.
- February 19, 2021 On February 9 and 10, MMC students within the Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) met with various New York State legislators and representatives to advocate for an increase in the State’s Tuition Assistance Program (TAP), continued funding for HEOP, and for the Direct Institutional “Bundy” Aid program to be restored as part of the New York State Association for College Admission Counseling’s annual Legislative Advocacy Day.
- January 13, 2021
In response to MMC’s shift to the Virtual Classes/Open Campus model of learning, the Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) has revamped its services to adapt to the current climate and to keep the HEOP community informed and engaged on critical topics. Many of the practices implemented during the Spring 2020 semester continued on throughout the Fall 2020 semester—as highlighted in the program’s most recent newsletter.
- November 6, 2020 We would like to give a warm welcome to the HEOP Class of 2024. These Griffin’s are thrilled to join our tight knit community and begin their collegiate journey.
- February 26, 2020 HEOP Director Harmony Cross was recently nominated to serve as the New York City Regional Representative for the Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) Professional Organization.
- February 14, 2020 To kick off the Spring 2020 semester and continue celebrating 50 years of HEOP, HEOP Director Harmony Cross accompanied students from MMC’s “Jubilee Class” to Advocacy Day in Albany, New York.
- February 12, 2020
- February 5, 2020
- February 3, 2020 To kickstart the spring semester, Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) Director Harmony Cross accompanied MMC HEOP students to Temple University in Philadelphia for the Annual Inclusive Leadership Conference on Saturday, February 1.