An integral part of a Marymount Manhattan College education is hands-on career and professional development. The Higher Education Opportunity Program is no exception, with several new paid internship positions and leadership opportunities available within the Department.
The HEOP Leadership Council, founded by HEOP Director Harmony Cross, is a group of HEOP interns who have been appointed by the Director to lead specific projects. The purpose of the Leadership Council is to provide intentional professional development opportunities for students to gain practical experience and transferrable skills, to encourage career-readiness.
HEOP Leadership Council
The 2020-2021 Council (left to right)
- Janet Castillo ’24 – Professional Development and Student Success Programming Manager
- Anaya Bond ’24 – Public Relations Manager and Chief Editor
- Ibrahim Bah ’24 – Young Men’s Initiative Manager
- Emely Abrigo Barrera ’24 –Wellness Wednesday Programming Manager
- Zaheraa Ramsahoye ’23 – Alumni and Parent Engagement & Homecoming Manager
- Stephanie Galvez ’23 – Office Manager and FWS
- Heilyn Perez ’24 – Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Advocacy Programming Manager
- Jerandy Beato ’24 – Alumni and Parent Engagement & Homecoming Manager
- Lauren Bryant ’24 – Performing and Creative Arts Programming Manager
- Nereida Alvarez ’24 – Wellness Wednesday Programming Manager
- Luisana Montero Santos ’24 – Recruitment Manager
HEOP Young Men’s Initiative (YMI)
The Young Men’s Initiative (YMI) was formed by former HEOP Counselor Keith Windsor to assist with recruitment for the Program. HEOP has since expanded the mission to include retention and graduation of the self-identified men of HEOP. The YMI cohort meets on a regular basis to discuss various topics, which are led by Stephanie Nunez, HEOP Counselor and Coordinator.
Current Young Men’s Initiative Members
- Jayzean Santillana ’21
- Roberto Sanchez ’23
- Cesar Pinos ’23
- Junior Tucker ’23
- Ibrahim Bah ’24
YMI will be hosting their Second Annual High School to College Summit on November 18, 2020 via Zoom. Learn more about this event here!