What is Jabber?
Cisco Jabber is MMC’s softphone solution that provides telephone services via a software client on your computer. It allows you to make and receive calls from your assigned MMC business telephone number, as well as providing access to your voicemail.
Can I make 911 calls with Jabber?
- Do NOT use Jabber to place 911 emergency calls.
- Use a landline, desk phone, or your mobile phone to make 911 calls whenever possible.
Why is my Jabber client not logging in?
- Verify that your device is properly connected to the internet and can browse the web.
- Make sure you first carefully follow the provisioning steps in the Get Jabber
- Also make sure that for username you’ve entered your MMC email address and password; for example: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jabber was working before but it has now stopped
- If you recently updated your MMC Password, you will need to update it on Jabber.
- Sign-Out and then sign back in with your new password.
- Verify that your device is connected to a network , with a strong signal if connected via wireless/cellular.
Is the MMC VPN connection required to run Jabber outside of MMC?
- No, the VPN client is not required. Jabber works inside and outside of MMC, with or without the MMC VPN.
- However, you may need to use the VPN client to use it in conjunction with other MMC applications, such as the Finesse Contact Center application.