Installation and Use
STEP 1: Schedule installation
- Please contact IT department at email@example.com to schedule a time to have Jabber installed on your computer.
STEP 2: Sign-In to Jabber
- Look for the Jabber Icon
Select it to start the app
- Note: The Desktop version will be located in your Programs or Applications folder.
- In the Sign-in window, enter your MMC email (including @mmm.edu) and use your MMC password.
STEP 3: Log in — Jabber will connect your MMC telephone number and voicemail.
- You will be able to receive and place calls and access voicemail like you would in your physical desk phone.
To make calls, enter the telephone number in the ’Search or Call’ field. You may also use the Calls or Recent History to dial previous numbers. Note: you need to dial the same way you dial from your MMC desk phone (e.g. 9-1-area code-phone number).
If Jabber is not working or you’re unable to sign in, please check the FAQs below for troubleshooting advice.
IMPORTANT! Do not use Jabber to call 911. Make sure you use your cellular service to place 911 calls
Frequently Asked Questions
Cisco Jabber is MMC’s softphone solution that provides telephone services via a software client on your computer. It allows you to make and receive calls from your assigned MMC business telephone number, as well as providing access to your voicemail.
- Verify that your device is properly connected to the internet and can browse the web.
- Make sure you first carefully follow the provisioning steps in the Get Jabber document.
- Also make sure that for username you’ve entered your MMC email address and password; for example: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you recently updated your MMC Password, you will need to update it on Jabber. Sign-Out and then sign back in with your new password. Verify that your device is connected to a network with a strong signal.
No, the VPN client is not required. Jabber works inside and outside of MMC, with or without the MMC VPN. However, you may need to use the VPN client to use it in conjunction with other MMC applications, such as the Finesse Contact Center application.
Do NOT use Jabber to place 911 emergency calls. Use a landline, desk phone, or your mobile phone to make 911 calls whenever possible.