HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday, Thursday and Friday: 9:30am - 5:00pm
Tuesday and Wednesday: 9:30am - 7:00pm
Closed between 1:00pm - 2:00pm (Mon-Fri)
Saturday - 9:00am - 3:00pm
Closed between 12:30pm - 1:00pm (Sat)
Any changes to the above schedule such as Holiday closures or weather related closings will be posted by the Mailroom.
Incoming mail and/or packages for students must be addressed to their place of residence. The College address should not be used.
INCOMING STUDENT MAIL PROCESS
- Mailbox assignments are given out at the start of the Fall semester by the Office of Residence Life. Bring your MMC ID to the Mailroom to obtain your mailbox combination.
- Incoming mail for students residing at Cooper Square should be clearly labeled with their full name, and complete mailing address including their mailbox number.
- The Mailroom will sort and place all incoming mail in the respective student mailbox.
- Any student experiencing a problem with their mailbox should immediately notify either the Mailroom or a staff member of Residence Life to report the problem.
- At the end of the Spring semester, mail is forwarded to students until June 30th. Students should notify all senders of their updated mailing address. Any mail received after this date will be returned to the sender.
- If a student leaves during the year, mail is forwarded for a period of one month to allow notification to senders of their updated mailing address.
- When moving out of the Cooper Square Residence Hall, it is also important to notify subscription carriers such as Time Magazine, People Magazine, etc. so that they can update their records. The Mailroom contacts and cancels all free catalog subscriptions such as Alloy, Land’s End, etc.
INCOMING PACKAGE DELIVERIES
- All courier deliveries (USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc.) must be labeled with the student’s name and complete mailing address including mailbox number.
- Packages are accepted by a member of the Mailroom staff and logged into the inbound tracking system – which includes the student name; person/company sending package; tracking number; carrier and designated package location in the Mailroom.
- An e-mail notification is automatically generated to the student advising them of a delivery.
- Students can pick up their package from the Mailroom during regular business hours and must show their MMC picture ID.
- Packages will only be released to the student whose name is on the mailing label. Packages cannot be picked up by a roommate or left with Security.
- A reminder e-mail will be sent to a student who has not picked up their package after two weeks.
- Packages not picked up prior to the Winter Break will remain in the Mailroom until they return for the Spring semester.
- At the end of the Spring semester, packages not picked up will be either forwarded to a student (if forwarding address has been updated) or it will be returned to the Sender.
- If you need assistance in tracking a package, please email Dennis Clark, Mailroom Coordinator or call 646.869.5123.
- Please email Maria C. Marzano, Director of Administrative Services in the event of an emergency or call 212.517.0428.