Fall Housing Selection (FHS) is the opportunity for current MMC students to reserve a space in housing for Fall 2018. Sign up to secure your space for next year!
Note: If you are a new, incoming student or a transfer student, please view your housing application process here. The below information is for current MMC students only.
April 2 Housing applications open on MMC RESIDENCE
April 3 Info Session: 3 pm in Regina Peruggi Room
April 11 Info Session: 3 pm in CH 201
April 12 Housing application and non-refundable $500 deposit due*
April 17 Selection time slots emailed after 12 pm noon
April 19 Selection Day
*Please make sure you do not have a balance on your student account, otherwise your $500 non-refundable deposit will be considered a payment on your account, not your housing deposit. You can submit your deposit anytime before April 12.
Tours at Cooper Square:
March 20 and 21
April 2, 5, and 8
Tours begin at 8:30 pm in the Cooper Square lobby: 200 E. 6th Street
Continuing students will live at Cooper Square.
Current MMC students can sign up for Fall 2018 housing in a few easy steps:
1.Complete the Returning Student Housing Application available April 2.
You can access the application at MMC RESIDENCE. Using your MMC login, you will be directed to your personal profile in MMC RESIDENCE. Once you have completed your application, you will receive a confirmation email that your application has been submitted.
2. Pay a non-refundable housing deposit of $500.
Deposits can be paid by check, cash, or credit card at the Center for Student Services or online through accessing Student Accounts Suite via MMC Connect. After you have completed your application and your deposit has been processed, you will receive an email confirming that your Fall Housing Selection application has been accepted.
* Please make sure you do not have a balance on your student account, otherwise your $500 deposit will be considered payment on your account, not your housing deposit.
3. Complete Part 2 of the application: ‘Roommate Group’.
This section gives you the opportunity to view profiles of potential roommates and become a “Group”so you can choose your suite as a group. If you don’t have a potential roommate, but you want to pick your room and be randomly matched with a roommate, you can skip Part 2 of the application ‘Roommate Group.’
- For a Group placement (Groups can be 2-7 members), create a Roommate Group and share your Roommate Code (unique code listed at the top right of your application under your name) with each roommate you intend to live with. Each person must confirm their participation in the group. The initiator becomes the Group Leader and is able to select the room/suite for the group on April 19 so individual members do not have to each select a room.
- To select a potential roommate, search the profiles by clicking the ‘Search Resident Profiles’ to view other residents looking for a roommate.
- You will only be able to select roommates who have submitted both their application and deposit.
The Roommate Group and matching profiles will remain open until you select your room.
4. Reserve your room online at your scheduled time on
Not all suites are available during FHS; please see the Cooper Square Floor Plans tab with full details.
- Individual Room Selection: Log in to MMC RESIDENCE during your assigned time slot for Room Selection
- Group Room/Suite Selection: The Group Leader will log in to MMC RESIDENCE at the earliest time slot assigned to a group member Room Selection
- After noon on April 17, students who have submitted both the housing application and the non-refundable deposit will receive a time slot via email from Residence Life to reserve their room on April 19.
- Sign in to MMC RESIDENCE at your assigned time (or anytime until 5pm). You can select your suite as a Group or select a room as an individual. Keep in mind, in Room Selection the order of student names when placing yourself in a room correlates to the bed assignments as shown on the online CSQ floor plans (mmm.edu/offices/residence-lifecooper-square-floor-plans/) For example: Suite 4A, bedroom 1, the second drop-down for “B”, the blue lofted bed. More examples are provided online.
- If you are a large group and there are no longer suites available to match your size, you may need to reconfigure your group into smaller groups and then choose another room or suite.
- We do our best to keep your selections, but we reserve the right to make changes as move-in day approaches. Roommate preferences must be mutual, but cannot be guaranteed.
- In order to participate in FHS 2018, students must submit both the $500 non-refundable housing deposit and application.
- There are limited spaces, so it’s first come, first served.
- Continuing students will live at Cooper Square. There are limited spaces at the 55th Street Residence Hall in RA apartments. you can request to be on the 55th Street waitlist on your application, but you should still select a room at CSQ during FHS 2018.
- Be sure you want to live in housing before you sign up. Once you complete the deposit and application, you’ll be liable for paying for housing for the entire academic year.
- Furniture at Cooper Square is in its permanent position and cannot be adjusted, which means lofted beds must remain lofted. While we will try to meet your preferences, placement will be made in the spaces available. Not getting your preference of bed types is not a valid reason for release from the housing contract.
- You are strongly urged to obtain renters insurance, or verify coverage with your family’s homeowners policy for theft, damage, loss, etc. of your personal belongings.
- MMC Residence Life accepts housing applications on an ongoing basis; however, applications received after April 12, will not be able to participate in FHS 2018, and rooms will be assigned as they are available.
- We know this is a new housing selection process, if you need any assistance please contact the Office of Residence Life at email@example.com and we will assist you as soon as possible.
* Suites 2F, 3F, 4F, 5F, 6F, 8C, 9C, 10C, 11C, and 12C are RA apartments with RAs occupying the single rooms. Single rooms are not available for selection.
Floors 6 - 9 are not available for selection during Fall Housing Selection.
The following suites will be off line during Fall Housing Selection:
3E, 4C, 6A, 10A, 10D, 11B, 12A, and 12D
Housing Contract Information
Please read the Housing Contract in its entirety prior to signing your housing application.
By signing the Contract you are agreeing to:
Reside in the residence halls for the entire academic year, and be responsible for all housing fees for the duration of the academic year, whether or not you drop to part-time.
Abide by all policies in The Resident’s Guide to Community Living.