Choosing to live on campus will give you the opportunity to learn to live an independent lifestyle, while having access to the great amenities and community that incoming students desire to thrive. At Marymount Manhattan College, we want to welcome you to have a great on-campus experience filled with lots of fun events, opportunities to make new friends, and live that New York City life and have a quick and easy commute to campus. Our friendly Residence Life Staff are here to welcome you and make your transition to college life an easy one! If you have not already done so, please check out our Housing Information page to see how MMC will be operating our residential learning program.
Applying for housing is easy! Just follow the following steps to secure your space in housing. If you have any questions throughout the process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can assist you with your application.
Apply for housing in 4 easy steps!
Information for Incoming Students (New and Transfer)
1. SUBMIT A NON-REFUNDABLE HOUSING DEPOSIT
Submit the non-refundable $500 housing deposit to secure a space in the residence halls. Deposits are due by May 1. Any deposits submitted after the deadline will be considered on a rolling basis.
2. STUDENT CREDENTIALS
The housing application is not available to incoming first-year students until after you fill out your pre-registration form and receive your MMC credentials. Once you receive your credentials, we will share the housing application with those who submitted their housing deposit before the deadline. MMC credentials will be sent out in batches.
3. HOUSING APPLICATION, MEDICAL FORMS, AND CONTRACT
After you have submitted your non-refundable deposit, you will log in to MMC RESIDENCE to submit a Returning Student Application, which will be available on your dashboard. Applications are due on June 18. When you complete your housing application, you will be asked to fill out:
- Your student profile, including any necessary information about yourself.
- Gender neutral housing agreement, if interested.
- Make a Dining Dollars meal plan selection
- Complete any allergy or accommodation preferences. Remember that after you have completed your application, you must contact the Office of Disability Services to submit any accommodations you may need. Even if you have completed this process in previous years, you must renew any accommodations every academic year.
- Complete the roommate matching survey. We encourage students to fill this out on their own so that we can make the best roommate matches.
- Complete the necessary medical forms. If you need to submit immunization records, please contact the Counseling and Wellness Center.
- Sign the Housing Contact and submit your application.
*If you are under the age of 18 while filling out an application, you will need a parent/guardian to sign the application as well. Additionally, you must complete the Dow Zanghi Consent Form and submit it to our office.
We will continue to place students on a rolling basis after the deadline if there is room available, however if you do not submit the application by the deadline, we cannot guarantee you a space in the residence hall or with a roommate group.
4. CREATING A ROOMMATE GROUP
After you have submitted a non-refundable deposit and application, it will be reviewed by housing staff and you will receive an automated email letting you know that your application as been approved. Once approved, you can select a roommate group within MMC RESIDENCE. You will only be able to create groups with other people who have also been approved.
You will be able to create a roommate group until July 1, 2021.
You can create a roommate group the following ways:
- Share your roommate code with other students you are interested in living with. You can send an invitation to them (similar to social media) where they can accept or deny being in your roommate group.
- Search for an ideal roommate! You will be able to browse other people’s profiles to find a good match. This will show their preferences, and you can invite each other to room together.
- If you don’t select a roommate group, The Office of Residence Life will pair you with other individuals based off of ideal matches from your roommate matching survey.
Please keep in mind that your roommate group size does not guarantee you an apartment of that size. You will be able to create a roommate group between 2 and 7 people. Since we have a limited number of larger capacity rooms, we may contact you that we cannot accommodate a roommate group of your size. Room and bed assignments are generated randomly, and while we do our best to match you with your roommate group, we cannot guarantee roommate matches.
Please review our other Residence Life policies.
Your application is not complete until you finish all the steps. Students are placed in housing on a first-come, first-served basis, so we recommend completing all of the necessary steps right away once you’ve made the decision to live with us.
To find out more about your room assignment, please see out the Fall Housing Assignments page. We hope that you apply for housing, and choose to be a part of our residential community!