Excited for Spring 2021 Check-In? If you applied for housing and submitted both your deposit and application by the deadline, you will receive your room assignment information in mid-January.
If you are new to housing for Spring 2021, meaning that you did not live in housing in Fall 2020, we will be having an extended move-in from January 28-31.
We are excited to welcome you to the Residence Life community at MMC!
Please thoroughly read the following information. There are important details that require your action regarding signing the MMC Residential Wellness Pledge, and reviewing Quarantine & Isolation 101 before moving-in.
General Move-In Information:
To allow for social distancing, there will be an extended move-in process that will take place from January 28 through January 31, 2021. You will be required to sign-up for a move-in appointment. The sign-up link will be provided to you in the coming days and weeks along with the Move-In Guide. A limited number of students may move in per time slot and appointments are subject to availability on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Keep in mind:
We each play a critical role in keeping all members of the MMC community safe during the move-in process. We ask that you follow the guidelines below, in addition to reading the Move-In Guide carefully:
- All individuals in the residence halls will be required to wear a face covering when in public spaces, including hallways, lounges, elevators, and the lobby.
- You are only allowed one guest to enter the building to help you move in. Someone will need to stay with the car at all times while it is being unloaded, so if possible, we recommend bringing two helpers: one to help you move into your room and one to stay with the car.
- Please note, your helpers cannot exchange roles—the person who initially comes into the building with you to help will be the only person allowed inside the building.
- Pack conservatively and only bring necessary items to campus.
- You and your helper will be responsible for unloading your vehicle.
- The elevators have a maximum capacity of 4 people at a time. If someone has a bin, then no more than 2 people should be in the elevator.
- Please follow signage posted around the building.
Before Moving In:
- Review and sign the MMC Residential Wellness Pledge
- Review Quarantine & Isolation 101 for Move-In. If you are arriving to campus from out-of-state (not including states contiguous to NY), you will be required to quarantine upon move-in.
- Review the Residence Life Screening Process
- Download the MMC OneCard Mobile ID app (App Store/Google Play) and login using these instructions. This app is required to use your mobile ID for campus access.
- Download the MMC Engage app (App Store/Google Play) and use your MMC credentials to sign in. With MMC Engage, all members of the community can access helpful College resources, learn about programming and virtual events, chat with other members of the community, complete the Daily Health Screening questionnaire, and more, all with the touch of a button.
- Read the Move-In Guide (This will be emailed along with your room assignment-coming soon!).
Room Assignments along with more Move-In information will be emailed in the coming days and weeks.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to welcoming you to campus this Spring!