Due to COVID-19, the May 2020 Commencement Ceremony has been postponed.
Seniors were surveyed in March to provide their feedback on what would be a meaningful way to celebrate commencement. Responses overwhelmingly indicated that students absolutely did not want a virtual commencement ceremony, but rather preferred an opportunity to come back to campus in the fall for a rescheduled ceremony. As details are confirmed for our rescheduled and reimagined ceremony, they will be posted here.
In the meantime, see below for information on some of the plans in the works for celebrating our Class of 2020 this May.
Celebrating the Class of 2020
- The College’s vendor shipped caps and gowns to all seniors who completed the order form beginning on May 1.
- The annual Senior Awards Ceremony will be held virtually on Sunday, May 17 at 11 am. Invitations were sent directly to those students receiving Gold Keys, Certificates in the Major, Fulbright Awards, Silver Ms, and Awards of Distinction, as well as College Honors graduates and students with Honors in the major.
- Read more about the Class of 2020 Valedictorian, Tracey Brooks, and Class Speaker, Ima Otto-During.
- We’ve created a celebratory photo frame for the Class of 2020 for Facebook—consider adding the frame to your own profile photo by visiting the MMC Facebook page.
- Parents, families, alumni, and friends are invited to submit congratulatory messages to the Class of 2020—they’ll be featured on social media on May 22.
- Join us on Friday, May 22 at 11am—seniors’ original commencement date—for a Facebook Watch Party and YouTube premiere of a special video message for the Class of 2020 from MMC faculty and staff.
This certainly isn’t the way any of us imagined celebrating our seniors, but we hope you will join in these efforts to help our graduates mark their graduation date and remarkable achievements!