Forms & Policies
Here you can find all the forms that are related to registered student organizations (RSOs) at Marymount Manhattan College:
- Starting (or restarting) a registered student organization
- Using your RSO’s budget
- Programming and advertising on campus
- Our SDA team is available to help create flyers for RSO events and make website edits.
- Flyer/Logo Design: https://cglink.me/2eT/s77613
- Website Edits: https://cglink.me/2eT/s79305
- RSO Canva Pro Access Request: https://cglink.me/2eT/s85267
For your convenience, your Student Development and Activities has also compiled an online folder with useful resources to you as a student leader. Check out the folder here .
Click here for a quick guide to founding your own RSO.
For a complete look at the policies and procedures put in place by the Office of Student Development and Activities, please refer to the 2022 - 2023 RSO Handbook.
Starting a new organization at MMC is a relatively easy process. If you have any questions, please reach out to Madeline Kling Thees at firstname.lastname@example.org. A detailed look at the founding process can be found here.
- Establish a mission statement for the proposed organization. Make it something unique and beneficial to the whole MMC community.
- Draft a constitution for the organization using our constitution template.
- Gather at least 10 other students interested in being members of the organization.
- Find a full-time faculty or staff member to serve as your organization’s advisor.
- Complete the New RSO Form, available on MMC Engage. Here, you’ll be required to upload your constitution and distinguish who your RSO officers, advisor and general members will be.
Once submitted, the Student Government Association (SGA) will invite you to one of their weekly meetings, where you will be asked further clarifying questions about the proposed RSO. If/When your RSO has been approved by the SGA, complete the RSO officer training at the beginning of the fall semester or upon request by emailing Madeline Kling Thees.
Restarting an RSO is for those who would like to renew the active status of the organization for the new academic year or to reactive a club that has existed on campus but is currently inactive. Reactivation for currently active RSOs takes place during the Spring 2023 semester. Please be on the lookout for updates regarding reactivation at that time.
- A new membership roster.
- An updated constitution using our constitution template, if applicable.
- The completed RSO Renewal Form MMC Engage.
Once the above materials have been submitted alongside the RSO Renewal Form, your officers will sign up for and complete the RSO officer training at the beginning of the fall semester or upon request by emailing Madeline Kling Thees.
Once the renewal form has been accepted and the RSO officer training is completed, your RSO will officially be activated and will receive an automatic $100 to its budget.
RSO email accounts:
Each RSO has a unique email domain. Access to this email is granted to the e-board of each RSO. Please reach out to email@example.com if you don’t have access.
If your RSO would like to request additional funding (beyond the $100 from attending training), please fill out the request for additional funding form. Once you submit the request form and your treasurer or president approves, it will be routed to your advisor and then to the SGA treasurer for final approval.
Accessing funds for purchases:
There are three ways your RSO is able to access the funds you’ve been allocated: cash advance, reimbursement and using an MMC credit card. Due to restrictions surrounding COVID-19, the cash advance is the least preferred, although all are still accepted. Please follow this link to access the funding request form.
In order to fully access your funds, all programs and events hosted by RSOs must have attendance taken. To learn how to track attendance at your events, check out our YouTube channel. If a pattern of un-tracked attendance arises, future requests for funds may be denied.
Reserving space on campus:
To host an event or reserve a table, you must do so through Ad Astra.
To reserve the Student Organization Suite (SOS) for your organization meeting, please submit your request using the SOS Reservation Request Form.
Advertising for your event
Beyond emails and flyers*†, your RSO is also able to advertise for events and meetings through MMC Engage. On MMC Engage, you’re able to:
- Write posts on your group feed and the MMC feed
- Send emails and newsletters to group members
- Create events to be added to the list of upcoming events
* Click here for a quick guide on how to properly follow MMC branding policies. Please also see the RSO Handbook for information about flyer posting guidelines.
† Click here for quick tips on how to effectively promote your event.https://online.fliphtml5.com/ajcjk/avuv/