“In periods where there is no leadership, society stands still. Progress occurs when courageous, skillful leaders seize the opportunity to change things for the better.”
- Harry S. Truman
Student Development and Activities hosts the annual Leadership Summit for all students at the beginning of the spring semester. While the topic varies from year to year, the theme always relates to leadership. Past themes include:
- The Future of Leadership (2020)
- Intersectionality in Leadership (2019)
- Power and Leadership (2018)
- Movements and Protest (2017)
- Leadership Through Collective Action (2016)
- Leadership Style and Conflict (2015)
Throughout the day, you’ll sit in on a keynote speaker and various breakout sessions. The day concludes with a networking lunch where you’ll be able to discuss what you’ve learned with fellow participants.
If you would like to suggest a topic or series of topics for this year’s Leadership Summit, please submit your suggestion here(opens in a new tab)(opens in a new tab).