The Office of Student Development & Activities facilitates the distribution of leadership based scholarships at Marymount Manhattan College. Below you will find information pertaining to the different scholarships; eligibility requirements, how and when to apply.
The Gladys Brooks Foundation Scholarships
If you are an incoming new student at MMC you may be eligible to apply for a Gladys Brooks Foundation Scholarship, available only to incoming students with a proven track record of academic excellence and progressive extra-curricular leadership development. Each Gladys Brooks Foundation scholarship is approximately $2000, the amount may vary based on available funds.
- Enrolled as a full-time student for your first semester at MMC, must maintain full-time status (12+ credits both fall and spring)
- Cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 (B) from your previous institution
- Must show evidence of progressive leadership experience through academic, extra-curricular, athletic, or community-based involvement
How to apply for a Gladys Brooks Foundation scholarship:
The online scholarship application is available now.
The following items will be required to complete your application:
- Submit a CV/resume of your extra-curricular high school leadership experiences
- A 500 word (max.) essay on how your leadership experiences in high school have developed over time and how you have taken on increased responsibility as a leader
*Applications for the Gladys Brooks Foundation Endowed Scholarship will be accepted beginning January 1st and must be submitted no later than May 31st for consideration.
Gladys Brooks Foundation scholarships may be renewed at the discretion of the scholarship selection committee. Recipients wishing to renew must submit an application for a continuing student leadership scholarship.
The Theresa Lang Endowed scholarship
Awarded to continuing MMC students who maintain at least a 3.0 GPA (“B” average) the current academic year and performed outstanding community service/extra-curricular activities. Rising sophomore recipients of the Theresa Lang Endowed Scholarship are eligible to reapply up to two consecutive academic years. Students must be full-time and matriculated for the upcoming semester to be eligible. Each of the Theresa Lang Endowed scholarships is approximately $2000 for a full academic year (approximately $1000 per semester), the amount may vary based on available funds.
How to apply for the Theresa Lang Endowed Scholarship:
The online scholarship application is available now CLICK HERE.
*Applications for the Theresa Lang Endowed Scholarship will be accepted beginning April 1 and must be submitted no later than May 31, for consideration.