We’re glad you’re #MMCBound!
So, you’re #MMCBound — now what? Welcome Week!
The Office of Student Development and Activities hosts Welcome Week for students who are new to MMC before the start of classes each semester. This year, Welcome Week will take place on Monday, August 24 - Friday, August 28, 2020 with more off-campus excursions happening throughout Labor Day Weekend as well.
The purpose of Welcome Week is to welcome you to MMC; through workshops on campus and excursions off campus, you will have the opportunity to learn more about our College and New York City and to foster relationships and connections with your peers.
Coming to college is a huge transition, and we hope Welcome Week will kick off your collegiate journey with fun and meaningful activities to alleviate potential anxiety and make you feel connected and welcomed here at MMC. Just a few of the activities you’ll be able to sign up for include: yoga and mindfulness classes, High Line stargazing, outings to world-class NYC museums, time around the iconic Central Park and Rockefeller Center, the chance to see a Broadway show, as well as a special performance of our very own MMC musical.
Want to know where you fit in? Check below for Welcome Week information for transfer students, parents, and families.
Transfer Student Orientation
Transfer students are invited to participate in all of the Welcome Week programs taking place Monday, August 24 - Friday, August 28, with a special Welcome Program on Wednesday, August 26. There are also a few sessions specifically scheduled for you to receive important information about academic programs and support for you as you acclimate to the MMC community on Thursday, August 27.
Parents and Family Orientation and Reception
Parents, family, and friends of our new students are invited to the Parents and Family Orientation and Reception during move-in weekend. The program is offered on two consecutive days: August 22, and 23. Please click here to register. Parents and families are invited to choose any one of the three program dates offered.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I wear? Athletic shoes and comfortable pants. There will be plenty of walking and various interactive activities that you won’t want to miss!
- What do I bring? State-issued photo identification, any pending documentation needed from the admissions office, and your enthusiasm!
- Are meals included? Some meals will be provided during orientation.
- When will I have my student ID made? On-campus residents will have their ID made upon checking into the residence halls. Commuter students will have their ID made during orientation.
What if it is a heat wave/rains/snows? Orientation takes place rain or shine. Be sure to bring items to keep you comfortable and dry (ie. jacket, umbrella, etc.)
- When will I know my classes? Class schedules will be dispersed upon check-in on the first day of your orientation.
Contact the Office of Student Development and Activities at (212) 774-0788 or email email@example.com.