Register to VOTE! Voting is a crucial part of our democracy and a momentous occasion for each of us, especially if this is your first opportunity to vote in a major election.
Marymount Manhattan College encourages all students to be informed about the political process, engage in the discourse, and register to vote. We have compiled some resources below to aid you in the registration process, whether you are a native New Yorker or hail from across the country.
If you have any questions about how to register, please review the frequently asked questions below as they may provide the answers. Additionally, we have provided links to a series of non-partisan organizations that are geared towards educating voters about the elections process and potential issues to be voted upon.
- To register to vote in New York State, simply download and print the form (Adobe PDF format) from the New York State Board of Elections Web Site here NYS Voter Registration or call 1-800-FOR-VOTE to have a NYS Voter Registration Form mailed to you. You may also obtain a voter registration form by visiting the Office of Student Affairs on the 8 th floor of Carson Hall.
If you live in a state other than New York, click here to download the National Voter Registration Form from the Federal Election Commission: National Voter Registration
How and Where to Register to Vote
- View Registration Deadlines
- You can register in person at your NYS county board of elections
- or at any New York State Agency-Based voter registration center.
- You can call our 1-800-FOR-VOTE hotline to request a voter application.
You can download a PDF version of the New York State Voter Registration Form.
Download English Form (279KB)
Download Spanish Form (300KB)
Print the form, complete and sign it, and mail it to your NYS county board of elections.
Alternately, you can complete a PDF version of the New York State Voter Registration Form on-line by clicking on the link below, typing the necessary information and selecting the appropriate boxes. However, the file size of these forms are substantially larger than the above forms, so it may take quite a while for them to load on computers with slower Internet connections.
Complete English Form On-line (426KB)
Complete Spanish Form On-Line (330KB)
Once the form is completed, you need to print the form and sign it. Then, mail the form to your NYS county board of elections.