The Division of Student Success and Engagement focuses on a fully coordinated and collaborative approach to supporting our students, from their first interactions with MMC as high school students, through their years as MMC Griffins, to the day they graduate, degree in hand. The division’s core values are Care, Equity & Inclusion, Personal Growth & Engagement, Excellence, and Preparation.
- In support of Marymount Manhattan College’s academic mission, Student Success & Engagement provides innovative programs and services that inspire and engage students to prepare themselves to successfully enter the world upon graduation ready to contribute in positive and ethical ways to society.
- We work collaboratively with students, staff, faculty, parents, alumni, and external organizations to create an inclusive space where students can grow and learn, and complete their degrees in a timely way.
- We boldly champion students through their unique educational journeys – from first inquiry, through enrollment, and beyond graduation – to ensure the well-being of individuals and our community through unparalleled care of each student as they articulate and pursue their dreams.
- To be a cutting-edge student success and engagement department that never takes its focus off of our students, their well-being, their present, and their future.
- Care for each individual within our community - We endeavor to encourage all members of the community to practice civility, compassion, and care for themselves and others.
- Inclusion: We value individuals, and seek to affirm each person’s identities in a community that embraces cultural understanding, equity, support, and celebration. We value a community of belonging for all.
- Personal Growth and Engagement: We are committed to creating a student-centered community where the co-curricular opportunities strengthen the student’s learning experiences both inside and out of the classroom.
- Excellence: Helping every student and staff member obtain the skills and knowledge necessary to improve themselves and society. We will work together to strengthen connections and relationships that help us respond appropriately to the needs of our students. We aim for our staff to work with integrity, collaborate, and utilize best practices.
- Preparation: Preparing students for their post-college world.