Calling all Seniors!
Now’s your chance to show us what it means to be MMC’s Class of 2021. We’re looking for a senior to represent the graduates and speak at this year’s Commencement Ceremony.
Interested seniors should register for a 15 minute “audition” to showcase how they would represent the Class of 2021 in a speech for this year’s Commencement Ceremony. The audition does not have to be a final version, but should be a prepared three-minute snapshot of the final speech. When selecting finalists, the committee takes a variety of factors into consideration, including originality, enthusiasm, organization, and quality of content.
Auditions will be held:
Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Thursday, March 25, 2021, 4:00 pm – 6:00pm
Interested applicants must:
- Be eligible to participate in the Commencement ceremony
- Be in good academic and judicial standing
- Serve as an ambassador for the College, its mission, and its values
The Student Speaker Selection Committee will select the top three candidates who will then move forward for a final selection by the Commencement Committee.
The three finalists must be available on Thursday, April 7, 2021 from 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm to present their speeches again to the full Commencement Committee for the final selection of Student Speaker.
To sign up for an audition time, you must:
- Complete the Senior Class Speaker Registration Form.
- Submit a final draft of the (3) minute speech you’d like to give at the Commencement Ceremony on the registration form.
- Select one time slot during the “audition” days.
- Email an updated copy of your resume to email@example.com with the subject line: “Senior Class Speaker resume”.
Confirmation of your “audition” time slot will be sent to your MMC email.
The deadline to submit your Senior Class Speaker Registration Form is 5:00 pm on Friday, March 19, 2021.