Louis Martarano Endowed Scholarship
The Louis Martarano Endowed Scholarship was established to support one student each year whose academic history, personal plans, and community service records are deemed to show leadership and concern for others. Preference is given to students who have been involved in or supported the LGBTQIA+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, Intersex and Asexual) Community.
August 2022 Update: The Louis Martarano Endowed Scholarship has been awarded for the current academic year through Spring 2024. Note: This scholarship is renewable each year to the same recipient until they graduate, provided the terms below continue to be met.
- Any student accepted into a degree program, part or full time, may apply for the scholarship, provided they have a 3.0 GPA and are in good standing at the College. Scholarship monies may be applied to pay for education related expenses such as Marymount Manhattan housing, books, and supplies.
- The award will be provided to a student who has a strong desire to complete a degree at Marymount Manhattan College.
- The scholarship will be awarded in the amount of approximately $2500. Note: The amount can change every year due to its status as an endowed scholarship.
- The Louis Martarano Endowed Scholarship Committee will review all requests.
- The award will be granted based on the strength of the application, resume, and adherence to guidelines. Preference is given to students with financial need.
- Recipient will need to send a note of thanks to receive the scholarship.
1. A complete application form must be submitted. Individual answers should be specific and no longer than 200 words each.
2. Applicants must also submit their resume via the application form.
3. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The award amount can change every year due to its status as an endowed scholarship, but it is automatically renewed to the student selected by the committee until they graduate, provided they maintain a 3.0 GPA, and maintain good standing at the College.
For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.