All of us at Marymount Manhattan College are looking forward to welcoming back students, faculty, and staff for the Spring 2022 semester, which begins on January 31, 2022.
Here is what you need to know about the spring semester.
A Message From President Kerry Walk
All Spring 2022 semester courses and activities are proceeding as scheduled.
- Course delivery formats remain unchanged. Courses meeting in-person will continue to meet in-person, and courses meeting online will continue to meet online.
All academic-related activities will go on as scheduled.
The vaccine booster will be required for all students, faculty, and staff who are eligible.
Proof of the vaccine booster will be required later in the spring semester. Details will be forthcoming.
Re-entry testing will be required for residential students.
Residential students will need to show the results of COVID tests taken at the following two times:
- Residential students will need to show a negative result of a COVID test taken a maximum of 3 days prior to arriving to NYC/the residence hall. For new residential students moving into the residence halls, the designated helper will also need to provide results of a negative COVID test.
- Residential students will be provided with a rapid test by MMC on site at the residence halls on the day of check-in. Residential students will need to show a negative result of that COVID test to hall staff.
Residential students should keep an eye on their inbox for emails from Residence Life for additional details.
Health and safety protocols are in force.
- Throughout the spring semester, testing on a weekly basis is strongly encouraged for those on campus or in the residence halls. Find a testing location near you.
- Face coverings are required at all times on campus. You are strongly encouraged to wear two masks, a multilayer cloth mask, or an N95 mask. For more information on masks, visit this CDC page.
Proof of vaccination, or approval of an exemption, is required of all students, faculty, and staff. Complete this form if you haven’t already done so.
Most staff will work remotely through January 21, 2022.
- Most staff whose responsibilities do not require their presence on campus will work remotely through January 21, 2022. If you are unsure as to whether you should work remotely during this period, please check with your immediate supervisor.
- In the week leading up to January 21, 2022, divisional Vice Presidents will update you on any extensions of remote working.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as the situation with the Omicron variant in New York City is developing rapidly. If the College is compelled to change spring plans due to guidance from health officials and/or the complex logistics related to educating a student population in a densely populated urban center, we will inform the MMC community as swiftly as possible.
The College will continue to update this and other MMC Onward pages as more information becomes available.