MMC’s Residence Halls—55th Street and Cooper Square—will be open for the fall semester with reduced capacity. Read below for an overview of the policies in place for the Residence Halls, or visit the Office of Residence Life’s Fall 2020 Housing pages for more detailed information.
Residence Life Overview
To reduce the density in the residence halls, we are implementing a one person per bedroom (2-3 people per suite) policy for this semester, with a shared bathroom in each suite. This reduces the capacity of our residence halls to about 40%.
Application Process and Priority Housing: Housing applications will be handled first come, first served, with a priority given to new and continuing students who have already deposited.
- Updated Housing Contract: Students will be required to sign an updated Housing Contract with a new COVID-19 addendum before being approved for housing for the 2020-21 academic year.
- Housing applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
- Monitor your MMC email for information from the Residence Life team.
Health and Safety Protocol:
- Residents will be expected to sign the Residential Wellness Pledge agreeing to practice recommended safety protocols to protect themselves and others from the spread of COVID-19.
- Only residential students will be permitted in the residence halls until further notice. A strict no guest policy will be in effect. The only exception is each student will be allowed one helper to move in.
- Should any residential students become sick, the College has set aside rooms at both 55th Street and Cooper Square so that students can practice the mandatory isolation procedures while remaining supported by the College community.
Move-In Process: To allow for social distancing, there will be an extended move-in process. Residence Life will be in touch with students to schedule move-in appointments.
- Pack Lightly: To expedite the move-in process, we recommend packing conservatively and only bringing necessary items to campus. Should conditions require a closure of campus as occurred in the spring, this would also enable a more efficient move-out process.
- Quarantine & Isolation Policies for Move-In: Per an Executive Order issued by New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo on June 25, 2020, a travel advisory is in place for travelers from many countries and states with significant rates of transmission for COVID-19. Anyone arriving in New York from one of the restricted locations will be required to observe a 14-day quarantine upon arrival. Read MMC’s Quarantine & Isolation 101 for Fall Move-In Guide for specific details about the quarantine requirements.
- Winter Break and January Session: Residential students may remain in residence throughout Winter Break and January 2021 at no extra charge.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.