- January 13, 2021
In response to MMC’s shift to the Virtual Classes/Open Campus model of learning, the Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) has revamped its services to adapt to the current climate and to keep the HEOP community informed and engaged on critical topics. Many of the practices implemented during the Spring 2020 semester continued on throughout the Fall 2020 semester—as highlighted in the program’s most recent newsletter.
- December 24, 2020 While courses within the Department of Art and Art History were conducted remotely throughout the Fall 2020 semester, faculty and students took advantage of public art spaces and exhibits around New York City as creative influences for their projects.
- December 18, 2020 As MMC worked to reopen its Main Campus for the Fall 2020 semester, the Department of Natural Sciences developed a plan to continue performing in-person laboratory courses while also accommodating remote learners. MMC’s science labs underwent extensive safety reinforcement to allow in-person students to participate in labs with their remote partners learning from home.
- December 8, 2020 Please join us online December 7—11 for the College’s arts and social justice festival, Stand Up Speak Out, to raise awareness and support for the Bedford Hills College Program and Bedford Hills College Club.
- December 1, 2020 On October 30, 2020, Marymount Manhattan presented Everybody—one of the College’s first entirely virtual theatre productions (the very first of which being Playwriting Projects and DPs from the Spring 2020 semester). A collaboration between students, faculty, and staff, Everybody displayed pioneering efforts by the Department of Theatre Arts, exemplifying the versatility of MMC’s Virtual Class/Open Campus model.
- November 13, 2020 On November 4, award-winning filmmaker Yoruba Richen joined Assistant Professor of Communication and Media Arts, Dan Hunt, MFA, to direct a virtual storytelling workshop for students in the COMM 112: Storytelling Across Media course.
- October 15, 2020 Students in our Biology and Chemistry science labs this semester conduct experiments with remote “lab partners” in real time.