Musical Theatre Intensive
Summer 2022 Musical Theater Intensives
Where better to study musical theatre than the home of Broadway?
Take part in the MMC Summer Academy’s Musical Theatre Intensive for rising high school juniors and seniors and hone your skills in the heart of New York City.
About the Program
The Musical Theatre Program, conducted in-person, provides each student with individualized coaching, as well as a supportive learning community of students and theatre professionals.
The two-week program will give students the tools to analyze a script and song, make informed acting choices, use music to propel the story, and understand the techniques required to create a digital pre-screen. Based on current industry standards for both college auditions and the professional world in New York City, this summer’s instruction includes the following:
College audition prep. Faculty will:
- Choose appropriate material for each individual student.
- Give acting and vocal coaching – both individually and in a group setting.
- Work with students on self-tape techniques.
- Prepare students for in-person and virtual college auditions.
- Offer tips on the college audition process, including timelines, what to look for, how to prepare, and how to stay organized.
- Daily Dance warm-up.
- Musical Theatre History.
- Music Fundamentals and Musical Analysis.
- MMC alumni panel discussion.
- MMC current student panel discussion.
- Broadway guest seminars.
- Optional private voice lessons.
- Attend Broadway shows as a group.
- Final showing for friends and family.
Intensive I June 26 – July 9, 2022 (inclusive of move-in and move-out))
Intensive II July 10 - July 23, 2022 (inclusive of move-in and move-out)
Time: On weekdays during the program, students are expected to be available for 6 – 8 hours a day for class sessions, and will also require additional time to complete homework.
Final Performance: We will have a final l performance for family and friends on the last Friday of the program.
The priority application deadline is March 21. Additional applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the program is full.
|Optional Private Voice Lessons||$200|
MMC Summer Academy Program COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Participants in any MMC summer academy program must be at least 16 years of age by the start date of the program they are applying to. Accepted students must be fully vaccinated and will be required to submit proof of such vaccination upon acceptance into the program. New York City does not allows for vaccination exemptions for anyone using indoor public spaces, including dance studios and theaters. Accepted students will be provided with instructions on how to submit their COVID-19 vaccination records at the time of acceptance.