Musical Theatre Intensive
Check back for more information on 2022 programming.
Summer 2021 Program
About the Program
The virtual Musical Theatre Program, conducted in both Synchronous and Asynchronous formats, provides each student with individualized coaching, as well as a supportive learning community of students and theatre professionals.
The two-week program will give students the tools to analyze a script and song, make informed acting choices, use music to propel the story, and understand the techniques required to create a digital pre-screen. Based on current industry standards for both college auditions and the professional world in New York City, this summer’s instruction includes the following:
- College audition prep. Faculty will:
- Choose appropriate material for each individual student.
- Give acting and vocal coaching – both individually and in a group setting.
- Provide piano tracks for each song.
- Work with students on self-tape techniques.
- Prepare students for college pre-screen auditions.
- Offer tips on the college audition process, including timelines, what to look for, how to prepare, and how to stay organized.
Dates: July 12 – July 23, 2021 (Monday - Friday)
Time: On weekdays during the program, students are expected to be available for 3 – 4 hours a day for Zoom sessions, and will also require additional time to complete homework.
Final Performance: We will have a final virtual performance for family and friends on Friday, July 23. More details to follow.
The total virtual two-week program cost is $1,500. Optional private voice lessons are available for an additional charge.
Payment due on 6/26